Monday, April 16, 2012

April Hair Carnival-Copy Cat

For this Copy Cat Hair Carnival I received Mainly Braids for inspiration. Knowing that she does alot of braided styles I'll admit I was little scared! I don't know how to cornrow or anything like that. But I found a cute style I thought I could do fairly quickly as she has MANY to choose from! I chose this Braid out with inverted ponytails style. I have done braidouts on myself before, but I haven't on Khari.  I started with spraying down and conditioning her hair. I almost forgot to do this and it was bed time so I did fairly big braids. Her hair is pretty fine so I had to use little ponytail holders on the ends to that they would just unravel. 


 I have never used a sleep cap with Khari because I just didn't think she would keep it on, but I thought having one on would help prevent the holders on the ends her hair from falling off as I put them in pretty loose. I was wrong, she loved wearing it so now I will be in the market for a cute childsize one just for her.
 The little inverted ponytail on the sides rubberband broke so I just left it out.
Back.

In the end I thought it looked really dry so I ended up pulling it into a low side ponytail for church.
                         
    
Next time I think I will try a different conditioner and a styling cream to help it from looking dry and I will do smaller braids. I do think other than the dryness it looked very cute, so I will be trying this again soon!

Check out the other ladies and their copy-cat styles from the hair carnival!


Photobucket

8 comments:

Precious Henshaw said...

This came out really cute!

UntrainedHairMom said...

You definitely had a challenge with this one, but you rose to it and it looks so cute!! I love it

Summer said...

Thanks ladies!!!

Tav said...

Awww, I think it looks cute with all the little pink bands on it too! Sucks that the rubber band broke, I friggin hate that!

Unknown said...

:) I think it's great when it's a challenge!! You definitely got a great blogger with awesome styles and you did a good job on the style! :)

Char~

Shay said...

I'm so glad you were able to find something that ended up turning out super cute before that dreaded dryness set in!

Karli K. said...

Her hair looks great!! and that sleep cap photo is too cute! <3 It was so fun to copy your blog for this event! Thanks for being a part of it! :)
~Karli
www.curlyhairdoideas.com

Summer said...

Thanks again everyone.

Post a Comment